According to a report from SMS marketing software firm, EZ Texting, 69% of consumers across all age groups would like to be able to contact a business via text, and 54% are frustrated when they are unable to do so.
Businesses coming up short
- 54% of consumers wanting to receive text promotions, but only 11% of businesses delivering them. This means 89% of businesses miss the opportunity to connect with consumers the way they want to be communicated with.
- 83% of consumers would like to receive appointment reminders via text, but less than 20% of businesses utilize text to communicate.
- Consumers are 4.5 times more likely to respond to a text message than an email, yet businesses are still 3 times more likely to communicate with customers via email.
- Those businesses that do use texting are seeing this already: 86% of businesses report that texting offers higher engagement than email.
Text still wins
- Most consumers read text messages within 5 minutes of receiving them and reply to messages within 3 minutes of reading them.
- 86% of small business owners who utilize text messaging indicate that texting offers higher engagement than email communication.
- Businesses are more than 3 times more likely to rely on email as a primary communication method, despite the fact that consumers are 4.5 times more likely to reply to a text message.
Norman Happ, CEO, EZ Texting