According to a new report from mobile services firm Stratix, retailers deploying in-store mobile effectively are projected to have an increase of 146% in sales growth in 2018.
- Retailers who deployed mobile POS saw a 24% average increase in sales in 2017, over retailers who don’t implement mobility in-store.
- Retailers that were experiencing flat or declining growth – who reported deploying in-store mobile POS – saw a 100% increase in sales for 2017, and predict another 47% growth
- The survey also reveals many other retailers face significant challenges implementing this technology, with five common setbacks repeatedly mentioned, including:
- 75% of retailers reported not having the proper applications in place
- 60% noted lack of adequately trained staff in-store
- 59% of participants cited the scarcity of internal help desk support
- 47% surveyed stated a shortage of acceptable payment options
- 45% point out managing mobile security is complicated and demanding